I live in San Francisco. I've been out here for 2 and one half years. It's the bee's knees.
For instance, right now it's January and there's a high of 66. No wonder I moved out here from the Midwest. I will admit, I am very much a product of my Chicago suburbia upbringing and Big Ten college coming-of-age. There are many things I miss about Michigan, but it's mostly these people and this place.
Now, I spend a great majority of my time sitting in my office thinking about not sitting in my office. Well there ya go blog world, now I can sit in my office and write about not sitting in my office.
I started road biking a couple years ago when I was bored living at home before my move out to SF. I've had a bunch of knees surgeries in my short life, so I wanted to find a way to break a sweat and tone my tush without requiring a full knee replacement at the age of 25. Last year, I trained for and completed my first century, 100 glorious miles, around Lake Tahoe. I swear, neon spandex is en vogue for things other than 80's dance parties.
Now, in additional to the ol' two-wheeler, I'm also a big fan of hiking, yoga, soccer, and generic active things. Fro-yo and I have a pretty stable relationship right now too. I prefer my beer hoppy, my salsa spicy, my men tall and brunette, and my reading material full of magical creatures.
Anyway, I hope to share lots of these things here on ze blog. Enjoy the ride kiddos, things are about to get interesting.
Cheers,
Jackie

No comments:
Post a Comment